Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yuma Study Center

"Love what you do and do what you love." --Ray Bradbury

I pass this quote everyday in the metro station as I am leaving my internship, and I walk away with a satisfied feeling knowing that I am following his advice.

I am interning at the Yuma Study Center, a non-profit whose mission is to inspire women of all ages to improve society through their own unique talents and gifts as personal and professional women. Yuma supports the Girl Talk philosophy for which I am so passionate, and is exponentially beneficial to my own growth as a young professional. 

The Yuma Study Center officially opened in February 2013, so I witness rapid changes in my daily work as Yuma launches and develops more programs and activities. I work with a small, but vibrant staff of incredible women dedicated to enriching the lives of others. As the business intern, I manage the financials, event planning, programs, and fundraising. I am fortunate to be able to wear several hats and gain perspective of the many different angles of a non-profit. Because the center is so new, it is exciting to experience its growth alongside with mine.  


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved that quote by Ray Bradbury! Your work at the Yuma Center sounds right up your alley! It's also great you're getting a well-rounded experience - I think that's going to be critical for when you develop Girl Talk into something even bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Julie! This experience will help you get to where you want to go

    ReplyDelete